Monday, January 10, 2011

The Troll King

Here he comes waltzing in here as if this was his kingdom. He trolls about wielding his war hammer forged from insults, caring not that he injures or wounds.

The lust for power is his ultimate goal. He wants it all for himself. The king is the center of his own world.

Leaving wrecked lives and destroyed families behind him, he stumbles forward aimlessly to devour another heart and soul.

This baby king is ignorant of his own actions. Blinded and foolish, he wanders about without knowing the root cause of his ruthless behavior.
There is no penitence for him.

His eyes are on me. He comes for me and strikes at my heart. From his mouth, he crushes me with his great two-edged sword. Blow after blow, I am speechless and indignant.

Will I recover? Will I ever heal? How I wished he would have just killed me instead. He leaves me bleeding and licking my wound.

I wrote this shortly after my brother and I had an ugly and unresolved discussion. He had some things he wanted to tell me and the things he accused me of and the things he said against my family and I were insulting and unnecessarily hateful, bitter and unwarranted.

This was my way of coping with this situation since resolution is probably out of the question, at least for now.

Please remember to show the unconditional forgiveness and love of Christ to anyone who curses you, including biological family members.

No comments: