Monday, January 3, 2011

A Captive of His Own Resolution

Locked in. My hands are tied behind my back. The bars that I built surround me. I grasp the whispering lies I tell myself. I see things that do not survive. The ghost of the past haunts me. I suppose that I’m going mad. How can I escape?

I stare at the cell walls, ignoring my condition. The pictures of my life overflow my mind. I calculate the days to leave behind the time. Life passes me by once more with every end of the day. There’s no hope for me.

I am a prisoner of my own choices. This place was made from me. The confused dwelt here among my decisions. My own heart hid away the keys to my salvation. The useless deeds I accomplished consumed my downfall. I was deceived.

I constructed this so-called great life around me. I shut myself inside from the outside world. I was the king of my own humanity. There was no hope of rescue. I was convinced that I was truly alive. You can’t save me.

Then He walked into my life. I discovered true love and true sacrifice. I believed that gospel and the chains around my heart fell away. The cell walls disappeared into oblivion. The door is now open. My eyes are opened, now I can see. My mind is clear and peace is with me. I am liberated.

No comments: