Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What Lies Underneath

My vision is clouded. I cannot perceive beyond the haze of the days. It’s like seeing with one eye open and my face is covered with a veil of shadows. I am blinded.

A few things I can make out but I don’t have the lucid image. Everything is distorted and merged. I do not know the specifics and my perception deceives me. Should I judge before I see? Do I know the whole story?

I do not know what lies underneath.

Only fools make haste in final decisions without all the clues. Would I be a fool? I can only see this side of the river bank. All I see are half-truths and who am I to believe?

What lies underneath? I do not know. I do not know.

Lord, destroy my conceit and debase me so that I may not judge. Remove the log from my own eye before I try to remove the splinter from my brother’s eye. Show me what it means to have grace and forgiveness.

Lose my religion and expose your great love to me so I may learn to love those who have stumbled as well. Amen.

No comments: