Tuesday, June 26, 2012

STOP JUDGING OTHER BELIEVERS!!!!!!


I recently commented on a link that a Christian “friend” named Frank had posted on facebook concerning that “masturbators” will go to hell. So, I simply just commented “Frank, we are all sinners.”

Then a day later, some guy named “Helmut” commented on Franks post saying: “ to [my name]...if you like "iron maiden" that shows you belong to the whore and not to the bride...cause the BRIDE loves holiness and hates demonic filth...so dont tell us we are all sinners-you live in sin but if you repent you can still become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS...so decide whom you will serve and dont tell us your lukewarm oppinions here...” ~ Helmut

I assume that Helmut went to my profile and saw that I recently posted a link to an Iron Maiden song on my wall. This is what I responded to him with:

Helmut,
If liking a metal band called “Iron Maiden” is the evidence of belonging to the whore, then I guess believing upon the name of Jesus Christ means nothing to you. Listening to a certain kind of music is not a sin. Where in Scripture does it state this? Just so you know Iron Maiden is a band that has some Christian members. They quote prayers, excerpts from old Hymns and use some Scripture cited in their music and songs. They are just a band from England who uses a outrageous gimmick to make a living at what they love to do, which is to make music. But, that’s beside the point.
God’s Word tells me that I am His because of my FAITH in Christ and it is by His GRACE I am saved, it is a GIFT from God, not of works lest any man should boast. I am with the Bride because of what Christ has done for me, not because of what kind of music I listen too.It was in my place Jesus took my sins upon Himself in order to save me and all those who believe upon the name of Jesus Christ. I have put my faith and trust in Christ and His Word says that NOTHING can separate me from His love for me; not listening to a metal band or even my own sins. Why? Jesus took all of my sins upon Himself when He was upon the cross and He paid the penalty for my sin; and all the rest of the world’s sins as well.
People will not go to hell because of sin! People will go to hell because they do not have eternal life. And, the only thing that will send them to hell is unbelief and unrepentance. Without faith, no one can please God and without belief in the Son, no one has eternal life.
1 John 2:2 - “He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”
John 6:47 – “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life (KJV).”
John 3:17-18 “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God (KJV).”
“Salvation is a gift, it cannot be earned, nor is it deserved, it is freely given by God.  Our part in this transaction is to “believe.” We must understand that we have a sin problem, about which we can do nothing, but that God did do something about, and we must believe this to be true. Then there are the two results:  Eternal life which comes to those who believe, and death which comes to those who don’t believe.
The key is repentance.  Unbelievers must repent, not only of their unbelief, but of all their sins.  Repentance was the message of every Jewish prophet as well as John the Baptist and Jesus Christ himself (Matthew 4:17).  Repentance is turning away from our life of sin and turning toward God in faith.  The only reason repentance works is because Jesus paved the way for us to turn in repentance with his atoning death on the cross.  God can’t ignore our sin debt because he is completely holy and just and cannot look on our sin (Habakkuk 1:13).  Sin must be paid for and we cannot pay it, so God sent his Son to pay it in our stead.”
Jesus died for SINNERS, not self-righteous bigots who think that their crap doesn’t stink (Yes, he did but you get the point). Yes, we are forgiven of all of our sins but as long as we still live in the human body, we will continue to sin until the day we get our new bodies. Yes, it is a struggle and yes, it is not easy. Even if we do sin, God is faithful to forgive us. Just so you know, I do pursue holiness but that’s nothing I have to prove to you. Only God knows the heart of man and I serve to please Him, not you. Therefore, for you to cast judgment upon me with without knowing the intentions of my heart are incredibly invalid and unbecoming of a Christian.”

Since then, I have checked back on that post and there was no response. I also “unfriended” Frank on facebook since then. I am not on facebook to argue back and forth about things most mature Christians should already know.

Here’s my advice to all Christians: STOP JUDGING OTHER BELIEVERS!!!!!!

It’s time for you to grow up. Get off the milk and baby food and get into the meat and potatoes! Our salvation is not based upon do’s and don’t, this day or that day or this food or that food. It is based upon what Christ did for us. It's called "grace!" Learn to exercise your grace with other believers! Our choice of music, art and our occupation do not matter to God. What does matter is our hearts. We did nothing to earn salvation (except believe in Jesus) and we can do nothing to lose it. The Apostle Paul said that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God. If God loves us, who can stand against us? Iron Maiden? I don’t think so. Besides, it’s not any of your business if I like Iron Maiden or not.

Legalism, judgment of other believers or prejudices are not becoming of us. We shouldn’t even be mentioning to unbelievers the sins they commit while in private. Homosexuality and witchcraft are off limits. Yes, they are sinning but it’s not any of our business and we have no place to condemn people for what they choose to do wrong. Even Jesus didn’t condemn people during his earthly ministry, why should you? Sin is between the sinner and God, not you or any pastor, church or denomination. Yes, homosexuals are proud of their sins because they are convinced they are not sinning. Weren’t you convinced at one time that you were not sinning when you actually were?

However, if you were to tell them that, they would most likely hate you and be pushed away from the truth. Don’t you remember when you were sinning like that? Yes, they are wrong but we can show them God through our love and acceptance of them and not their sins without being offensive.

The best way to approach homosexuals and witches with the truth of the gospel is to ignore the homosexual and witchcraft issue and concentrate on the thief, lying and name in vain commandments. You should only use the Law for its original and intended purpose, which is to show people they are sinners. If the person is sincere in their personal relationship with God, the homosexuality and occult issue will eventually be repented against and forgotten. Their story will be a testimony and a witness of victory through Christ.

As mature Christians our job is simple:
1. We are to love God with everything we have.
2. Love our brothers and sisters as God has loved us (and accepted us as sinners)
3. Tell unbelievers about the Good News of Jesus Christ.

That’s it. Get over it, move on.

No comments: