Monday, July 19, 2010

Christian Metal Demonic?

Why is it that Christian Rap is accepted, Christian Rock is accepted, Christian Country is accepted but when you mention the word Christian "metal," everyone freaks out and calls it a demonic band? I just don't get it.

When people hear a Christian hardcore/metal vocalist scream, yell or growl (whatever you want to call it) they automatically associate this type of vocalization of words with demons. The problem is, I can't figure out why?

What I want to know is, have these people ever heard a real demon scream? I mean seriously, I have never come across a demon in my lifetime, at least as far as I know, and I certainly have never heard an actually demon scream or growl. So, do we really know what demons sound like and do we we even know that they scream? These are all stupid questions.

My point is that the music, the sound, the guitar, the vocals or the noise coming from a group of guys playing instruments loudly and fast does not qualify as demonic. At the very least it may qualify as terrible to some folks but demonic, I don't think so.

Seriously, have we ever seen a real band of demons? Last time I checked, there has never been an actual band that had actual demons from hell, win a grammy for "Best Demonic Band?" Gimme a frigg'n break!

I guess it's Hollywood's fault. They have personified demonic voices in movies so much that when people hear a scream or growl, its automatically assumed that it's got to be demonic, even though they haven't a clue of what is being actually spoken!

I can recite by a scream or growl the famous verse of John 3:16 to an audience and someone will say, "Ohh, that's demonic! It must be bad because I can't understand it!

Rediculous.

No comments: